Monday, January 05, 2009

New Note Posted

I have posted a new note to my Facebook page. I included two graphs and one picture. I think I can share a link to the posting, even for those who are not on Facebook. I will keep trying to find out how. In the meantime, if you are not on Facebook, I encourage you to join. It takes only a moment to get started. It takes time to build ones connections but I find this to be more rewarding than watching a game on TV. Daily, I connect with and learn things about old friends and new that I would never have known.

Email will be around for a long time but we are in the middle of a paradigm shift. Communications growth is going to be of a "rich variety".

Rumors continue to swirl that Google will buy Facebook or Twitter. One never knows, but since Google is exerting so much time and effort to convert g-mail to something akin to Facebook, I suspect the two firms will remain competitors. Since Microsoft owns 4% of Facebook, it seems more likely that Google will forge stronger links to other similar services. Facebook is not likely to turn away advertising revenues that it might get from future associations with Google.

0 comments: