Thursday, August 25, 2005

GOOGLE PRODUCTS ARE GREAT!

My good friend, Lamar Jones and I have played with Google Talk this morning. It is neat. We talked for a solid hour and the voice quality was superb. Our main topics revolved around the Google Sidebar and how exciting it is.

I would guess that I have purchased MSFT Office products at least 20 times. It is amazing at the slow down in innovation after MSFT became a virtual monopoly. Google is ready to take over the desk top by default. My wife just asked me if an email had come in from a certain party. Instead of eyeballing my list of emails, I typed in the parties name in my search box and immediately had a list of emails and correspondence to this party. The list even included instances of correspondence to another party in which the first party was sent a copy. Now that blows MSFT Outlook away!

The mic I am using for Google Talk is a cheap one that came with a system I purchased about 7 years ago. I have decided to buy a new Plantronics Wireless headset. This morning, on my advice, my son in law purchased shares in Plantronics. PLT is not the cheapest stock on my list but wireless computer headsets are going to sell quickly as computer users quickly discover the beauty of Google Talk.

Three times already I have answered the question, Why do you think Google Talk is so much better than AIM or other services. The key point is the fact that it is open source. This means that folks on Google Talk will not have to open a different interface to talk with parties who are on other services. AIM, the market leading product of AOL, is going to have to open up or go the way of the dinosaur. When the majority of folks are signed up, why would anyone pay a long distance fee?

Like they say, Talk is Cheap! Google Talk is free!

I have not downloaded any plug-ins to my Google Sidebar. The one I want to get first is the to-do-list. I have tried to keep a to-do-list handy for years but it is a hard habit to make. Having one hidden but available with the movement of my cursor should be another neat benefit. Being able to search the list supper fast should also help.

To raise money to buy PLT, my son-in-law sold part of his TIVO holdings. TIVO has the patents and is doing the work to develop a neat system. However, Google, Yahoo, MOT and many other big fish are strong competitors to TIVO. Plantronics certainly has its share of competitors as well. I really do believe sales of headsets are about to ramp up quickly. Profits for the next few quarters should be unusually strong. Best Buy is going to sell a lot of routers, head sets, and other equipment.

BUY THE BULL! WE LIVE IN AN ERA WHEN TECHNOLOGY INNOVATIONS ARE NOW BEING PUT TO WORK. THE INTERNET HAS BEEN AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC FOR 10 YEARS; GOOGLE TALK IS A NEW MAJOR WAY IT WILL BE PUT TO USE TO INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY AND WEALTH! DO THE GOOGLE GULP AND BUY A HEADSET WHILE YOU ARE AT IT.

0 comments: