Tuesday, June 21, 2005

THE POCKET FISHING POLE COMPANY

This morning my 8 year old nephew learned about the pocket fishing pole company. It must have been 50 years ago when my Dad taught me about the pocket pole fishing company. It is a pleasure to pass the story along.

The women in our group have gone for a speed walk on the beach. My youngest is in training for a half marathon and is driving the rest to exercise daily. My oldest is normally the ring leader in the exercise department.

A few of the young guys are still in the bed at 9:30 but a beach vacation is all about doing what you want when you want. These guys sure did miss a good breakfast.

Later today the men are going fishing while the women go shopping. Again, each to his own. I will only fish to help with the nephews. It will be a fun time and we may even catch a fish.

I kept the pocking fishing pole company history short and sweet. My nephew understood the point. I have offered his married older a 10% match on his savings for the next two years. Good habits sometimes need a push. My Mom offered me and 4 siblings a 50% match from the time we were 6 to 14. By the age of 14, we all saving for cars, college and life.

By the way, it does not get any better than being with family for a week at the beach. We are in a beautiful condo, valued at $900,000 or more. We own 10% of this property and recommend 10% ownership as the best way to own vacation property.

We also own a time share purchased at a deep discount to its opening price but we do not recommend time shares or beach rental property. Few folks appreciate the over-head expenses involved in time shares or resort rentals.

Tonight after dinner, we will have a family Texas hold'em tournament. All family members are interested because there is a cash prize for the top five players. Tomorrow will be a bocce ball day. Some will play and some will relax. Beach chairs and umbrellas are among my favorite things. I am thankful for the pocket fishing pole company. I can't tell you the author but, again, a good story for the young to hear.

BUY THE BIG BULL! THIS MARKET IS TRYING TO GO UP--EVEN IN THE FACE OF $59 OIL.

0 comments: